Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Festive Mood

I am sure everybody out there is so in the holiday mood..Christmas is just around the corner, then it is New Year! Every year since young, 25 Dec is the most sought after date for me. When I was young, I grew up in the States, Christmas celebration has been part of my life, especially the changing gifts, and decorating the Christmas tree.(it's not that we celebrate like it is meant to be, it's more like friends get together and the kid get pressie from the adults) I wish I can dig out the boxes that contain all the photos when I was in the States..too much hassle..ha3. When I came back to Malaysia, we no longer doing all that. (nak kena marah ke dengan nenek?)
I am not sure about you, but when I was young I do read Dr Seuss books (besides Enid Blyton). Some of his books has been transforms into a movie. I can't remember when I watch this movie. My all time favorite was How The Grinch Stole Christmas.


As usual, there will always be a lesson behind every story by Dr Seuss. Tak pernah tengok, pergilah cari dvd.
But for me, Christmas is extra special if there is snow. I love snow. I missed the feeling of touching snow, wearing those thick coat, layered shirts, gloves, boot, hat, etc. (OK I will have to dig the box)
Every year I will try not to miss going to shopping complexes to see the decoration for Christmas. It is so beautiful plus the lighting effect makes every thing looks perfect!


My point for blogging about Christmas is... I like few Christmas songs. When I was in Music Club (during school), I learn few songs such as Rudolph the read nose reindeer, Merry Christmas, Jiggle Bells, Deck the halls, to name a few. Then Christmas songs (like Hari Raya songs) has been commercialized and new.. I like the one from Mariah Carey, All I want for Christmas is you.
I like the Grinch's theme song, Where are you Christmas by Faith Hill.

p/s: I always have an ear for good music!









No comments: