Well my trip to the hospital last Friday was because of the daily migraine attack I've been getting since New Year. The pain is so indescribable, and if it happens during working hours, I can't do anything except I NEED TO SLEEP! All this while, I took Panadol Actifast for fast relief and I can take it even with empty stomach. But it doesn't work on me anymore. I went to see doctor, and was given a higher dosage painkiller but it has to be taken after meal.
I've made an appointment on Tue, and after few changes on the appointment (I kept changing it due to unforeseen circumstances), I've decided to go on Fri (better now or never).
I reached DSH at 9.30am. Well one thing about DSH is the parking. I parked quite far, about 5 mins walking distance to the hospital. Once I reached the lobby, I went up to the specialist clinic located on the 1st Floor. My neurosurgeon is Dr Azmi. He reminds me of my lecturer, Dr Azmi! He taught me Corporate Secretary. ha3 The neurosurgeon looks like my lecturer! ha3 BTW, I was the first patient so around 10am I was facing the neurosurgeon and telling him about the pain, lifestyle, work, etc. While he was checking on my senses, we chatted about books and about my bachelor.
After awhile, (knocking here and there, ha3) he asked me to go for CT scan. So the nurse took me down to the x-ray hall and waited patiently for my name to be called. I was a bit afraid actually but since I was constantly sms-ing si dia and few of my friends, I feel a bit calm. It was already 11am. I am not good at waiting, so I tried to relax myself, just looking at my surroundings and the peoples. Around 11.15am my name was called.
The first thing I saw was the CT scan. It was huge. The room was huge! The doctor asked me to took off my scarf and if I am wearing any jewelery, I have to remove it too. Since the scan if for the head, I do not have to change into the robe. After doing so, the doctor (a female doctor) asked me to lie down on the bed. She adjusted my head and everything and covered me with a blanket. Alamak lama ke nak kena scan? ha3 Then she asked me to close my eyes and do not move. I feel that the bed was moving upwards and towards the scan. (Nilah padah tengok House/ER banyak sangat) I can feel that I was IN the scan because the was this soft machine sound. And without I realized it, everything was done by a blink of an eye! The doctor asked me to wait for the result which will take about 30mins to 1 hr.
Yes, I waited! ha3 it was kind of fun actually seeing all this people waiting for their turns for x-rays, the front desk nurses explaining what to be done to those who wants to do x-ray, some decorating the office, and there was this kid (the latest crocs victim) in a wheel chair whaling for his mother(well sort of like he wants attention). Around 12pm, I've gotten my result and I went back to the neurosurgeon's clinic.
The scan results was ok. Nothing wrong with my brain. The skull is perfect. He referred me to see an eye doctor. Before that, he gave me a prescription for 1 month and I will be seeing him again next month! After that, I went straight to see my eye doctor, but she didn't managed to examine me because I was wearing a contact lens and I didn't bring the contact lens's case! I arranged to see her on Sat morning.
Basically everything was for 3 hrs. (including waiting at the pharmacy and paying the bills)
I will have to take the hypertension pill on daily basis, and the eye drops every 4 hrs. the rest of the pills (sumatriptan & etoricoxib) is taken when needed, AFTER meal.


5 comments:
nape tulisan ko makin lama makin kecik...naik buta bijik mata aku pulak..tulah masalah kt DSH...parking cam HARAM!
kannnn!! tiber aku plak yg kena migrane sbb font makin kecik..perlu ke nak save space?? blogger is FREE okkk...tiberrr
yours truly, Dr Love.
hahahaha...
ps. wei Arash, pi la update blog kao tuh. pemalas. :P
jemi:
nape noks? ko leh stalker blog mek kan..adooo
ntah..aku dh adjust byk kali mcm tu gak. ha3... mmg lah parking macam haram! fening dowh!
yours truly? nk muntah!
Post a Comment