Yesterday was my official day TEACHING! I was so nervous while getting ready. Can you imagine that my hands were shaking while applying the toner onto my face! My heart was besting so fast that I can barely breath. I tried calming myself. I sat on my bed, and tried to control my breathing. Inhale and exhale deeply few times. I can feel my blood flowing straight to my brain. (nasib baik tak migraine) Giler glabah!
I reached the center which only situated next to my house 10 mins earlier. I waited at the teachers lounge. I was sweating like HELL! While waiting, I did some last minute revision. Then Mr Visva (the tuition owner) came, greeted me and showed my 'classroom'. They were late because the previous class took 15 mins of my allocated time. Majority of my students are all Chinese, some Indians and 1 Malay. 10 of them! Thank god the class was equipped with air condition. Some of the students are here because they are unable to sit for Account's class at school. giler pandai budak2 ni. Ambil extra subject! I dulu 9 subjek je. Malas nak tambah.
Actually my teaching approach was supposed to be guiding and helping, but since I found out majority of them were unable to sit for Account's class, I had to change to TEACHING, which actually I was not prepared for it! Yesterday was more on introduction. I didn't prepare any handouts for them. I had promised them that I will do a mind mapping for them next week. Oh forgot to mention that, once I teach, I am no longer nervous! ha3. My students are so excited and eager to know more. I said one step at the time. They need to know the history first! (Accounting has history) When I told them that they were like, really? ha3
My students are funny and cute. For the first time in my life, I am being referred as CIKGU!
Well during the ice breaking I told them not to call me CIKGU, but they kept calling me that! ha3.. tak pelah. Terima jelah.
Then masa balik, one of my student asked me, "Cikgu, u tinggal dekat sebalah eh?" I just smiled! ha3
p/s: CIKGU NAIMATUL!

4 comments:
cikgu ajar tuition ke?
anwarjauhari--students yg panggil sy cikgu. sy suruh panggil CIK. ha ah, sy ajar tuition. bosan sejak dh graduate ni, tak tau nk buat ape waktu mlm.
nice blog. congratulations for being a teacher. banyak pahala tu...insyallah kekal sampai alam barzakh besok. cayalah!
jemi--tq. insya allah. i accepted the offer, well besides the extra income, i rasa it was a call!
Post a Comment