Friday, September 24, 2010

Hari Raya Journal

As mentioned earlier, this Raya is the busiest Raya for me and my family reason being my brother got married on the 3rd day of Raya. And the reception on our side was held on the 9th day of Raya. Since it is the first time my parents held a BIG function such as a WEDDING, all of us was quite tight up with house chores since few months before Ramadan.

Raya on Jalan Raya on 1st day of Raya.
After Friday prayers, we made our journey to Jerteh, Terengganu via Kuala Lipis, Pahang-->Gua Musang-->;Kuala Krai-->;Machang-->;Bandar Jerteh. We reached our rest house at approximately 11pm (blame it to my brother who led the way and got lost few times). I am not going to comment on the rest house conditions but as long as the toilet is NICE, I am ok with it!

 2nd Syawal
Can you imagine the road leading to Kota Bharu was congested on Raya day! (Jerteh is about 60km to KB) My mom was planning to go to KB, but since the traffic was so bad (worst than KL due to traffic lights) we canceled the plan and decided to just lazing around watching whatever on tv. Our meal the whole day was lauk raya but knowing me I have to have rice, I insisted to find RICE, no matter what. Sad to say all the shops, restaurants, mamak, warung all closed! Thank god there was a KFC nearby. I was hoping they still have that Chicken Rice or whatever they call it. I just need rice! ha3

For dinner, we waited for my Mak Busu to arrive since she cooked some lauk at her in-law house. Most of us slept early that night because the solemnization was to be held at 8.30am! Since there were more than 30 of us, of course getting ready especially bath time is time consuming! ha3
Day 3
I woke up as early as 5.30pm, took my bath and got ready by 7am. Went to 7E nearby to buy some hot tea and buns. (I am the type once I wake up, I have to take my breakfast). Waited for the BIG group to get ready. ha3 very the kecoh! Eventhough the Masjid is just nearby (5 min journey) but we reached there bbefore 8am, waited for the Tok Kadi, the bride and family. while waiting, all of us photo gediks lah! 
some of us
The bride & Tok Kadi arrived before 8.30am Ok to tell you the truth the Tok Kadi kecek kelate, I tak faham satu patah pung! ha3 (mix of Kelatan & Terengganu slang). The whole process took about 15 mins.
Sah dah...
Upacara batal air sembhayang
Sisters
OTW back and finding a place to EAT!!!
 After the solemnization, all of us headed back to the rest house and waited until afternoon for the reception and check out! Well the reception was not like I think it would be, but...I reserved my comment. ha3
Rumah BIRU
Hantaran from both sides

Habis je makan2, kami semua balik KL!!!!!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: