Monday, May 31, 2010

Start Planning

Eventhough the wedding is next year, of course the planning has to start now. It's not simple. The decision making part is the toughest part. Ammy (one of my best friend and my wedding planner) asked me to MAKE UP MY MIND!!!! ha3 how to make up my mind when there are so many styles keep changing month by month?
During lunch today, I started to google for information on how to plan the wedding. Of course I want to make it as a wedding to be remembered. ha3. I am not a celebrity to have a million ringgit wedding, but a simple ones will do. Simple yet stylish/extra ordinary. But the extra ordinary part will be upon approval from the 1st generation ie my grandparents! ha3
I found a website Just Engage..Where to start Planning. It's useful for clueless people like me.
First thing first.
1. Imagine your dream wedding
Well, when I was young, my dream is to marry a handsome prince and live happily ever after! (with the horse carriage, a heavy gown, etc) ha3 Since it is OUR wedding, of course I have to ask him which is suitable!

2. Stay organised
Yup, I have an organiser created specially for this reason - everything that catch my eyes let it be the colors, the design, gifts, etc. The budget list, the hantaran, the dulangs, etc

3. Pick a date
It's going to be next year, but WE HAVEN'T DECIDED on the DATE!

4. Make a first draft guest list
DONE! (for my part)

5. Register early
This would be for the kursus and all sorts that we need to settle with the religious office.

6. Set your budget
DONE!

7. Find the ceremony & reception site
For the akad nikah will be either at home or at mosque.
For my reception, will be at some place (haven't decided yet)

8. Consider your colors
I am planning with something different out of the norm.

9. Ask your attendants
Of course my family and relatives will be at the wedding as early as possible.

10. Start looking for vendors
Photographer - done
Mak andam - done
the rest belum lagi.

11. Look for dresses
Well, I have few options in mind.

12. Book hotel rooms
ha3. of course this is for my relatives all the way from Singapore. But I think they will do it on their own. I'll just suggest few hotels nearby the reception area.










2 comments:

cikzaa said...

Yes-Yes..mmg patut kena start planning pun..Best Wishes!

naimanuar said...

yes2..jgn lupa ye. reserve date! ha3