Thursday, May 6, 2010

a gold card


ha..well it's not about a credit card, but more on the qualification I received from FIMM-Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia. (formerly known as FMUTM-Federation of Malaysian Unit Trust Managers)
Earlier this year, my boss wanted me to sit for the unit trust exam for the company. It was put on hold for few months until end of March when I realized that my compliance has to submit the results to the Securities Commission by mid-April. She registered me and my colleague the soonest date available, but the only available date was on 8 April 2010. Old habit kicked in. We received the manual book upon registration on end of March, but we only managed to study like a day before the exam. We were so freaked out because besides for personal achievement, we are doing it for the company. During the exam day (we opt for afternoon session), we went straight to the examination place and sat there until 12.30pm, doing last minute studying. There were not enough time to cover (if I am not mistaken) 8 topics, so we just did the sample questions.
The examination was computerized. We were given 60 objective questions for 2 hours. I personally feel so stress because every candidates were punching their calculators like MAD!!!! Some even brought 2 kind of calculators-normal & scientific.
We sat quite close to each other but my colleague and I were separated. According to my colleague, each set of questionnaire is not the same. Meaning my no. 1 question is not your no. 1 questions. So the chances of copying is very slim.
There was this candidate who finished it in 30 minutes. I told my colleague that we better make use of the 2 hours. But by 1 hour, we have completed answering, and I even checked my answers 3 times! ha3.
The result came out immediately. I was relief that I pass the exam. Frankly, if I dont pass this exam, I think it is such a humiliation because I work in unit trust, at least bits & pieces I know about it.
I told my boss that we only study in the last minute (like for few hours) and we pass the examination. He treated us for lunch. ha3

Recently, FIMM has changed the rulings that those who wants to sit for this examination has to attend a 20 credit hours of seminar upon examination. Thank god!

So by passing this examination, I am a qualified person to sell a unit trust product, in this case, FOR my company.







No comments: