Monday, February 25, 2013

Think before you say anything.....

This is something I would like to share with everyone. The issue on BREAST FEEDING or in short, we mothers call it BF. I am positively sure everyone experience being bf before, tak lama kejap pun merasa lah hisap tetek mak kita.

Coincidentally, I was checking my FB page via mobile and was browsing through the news feed when I came across mix fm feed --> breakfast show topic: "WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN PEOPLE DO IN PUBLIC THAT MAKES YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE". And this particular caller mentioned seeing a lady breastfeeding her child.

I am not against nor agreed to the answer. As a mother myself, I felt that we are not that 'open' to this kind of situation. It's like seeing matsaleh's selamba badak bercium in public. It is not our culture to kiss in public.

Why I said against nor agreed is because, some people sees bf as disgusting and some (otak kuning) finds it arousing. To those in the latter group should wash their brain with clorox. For those who fall under disgusting category, the feeding part or the act of nursing or seeing that lady's partly showed breast is disgusting? 

I. myself experienced it before. I was nursing my daughter and cover  up using a poncho, and I saw people turned twice. mmmm excuse me, it's not that I am doing something illegal. Some might say that why don't we get prepared with the breast milk when going out or some might say, just feed formula milk. Again, this is up to an individual. And some might say, there is a nursing room available, do make use of it. 

My answer would be, suka hati I lah nak bf ke nak kasi formula milk ke....let it be anywhere.
Secondly, ko dah check ke nursing room provided kat shopping complex tu terletak kat mana? Some at only located at children's department. Some next to the ladies toilet, some they do provide  but it's not hygienic. They have more toilets than nursing stations! 

People who doesn't go through what mothers went through will not understand. Oh mothers out there, I support bf eventhough I am no longer exclusively bf my daughter. One more thing, do use a poncho/shawl or anything to cover up ok! 


No comments: